Sunday, May 9, 2021

Strolling Through the (Theme) Park One Day: Knotts Season Passholder Day!

Knotts Berry Farm has opened for season passholders on May 6th!  Season passholder days continue until May 20th when the park opens to the public.  Reservations are still required, but are not difficult to make online.  I was about to make a reservation for the first day, but had to reschedule.  Instead, I made a reservation for Saturday, this was at 1:30 p.m.  I also made a later reservation for 10 a.m. at park opening.  Hot take, one year of Knott’s is $101, which is LESS than a day at Disneyland!  First, it was a hot day, take precautions!  Second, it was crowded, more so than the Festival of Boysenberry.  I later got a Boysenberry Float and only found a table at the top level of the Grizzly Creek Lodge across the park.  I was surprised that there was no temperature check, it's just a fast process, but now it is simple virus questions.  I went first to Ghost Town and went to the Livery Horse Stable.  I talked to the worker there and he said the horses were used for the Butterfield Stagecoach.  He also noted there is no date when the stagecoach returns. 

I then headed to Knott’s Beary Tales, it was closed for the day, kinda disappointing since it was one of the few attractions that I could ride.  This was a classic ride that I remember had robot bears that sing to you and had delicious boysenberry smells.  It is based on the virtual shooting game from the previous Voyage to the Iron Reef which closed in January 5, 2020.  I didn’t see the characters out at that time, but I do remember the little bear, Boysen.  This is Knott’s 100th anniversary!  While I was not able to go on Beary Tales, there was Cordy's Corner, a must visit.  There is an art gallery and exclusive merch, I saw a Soap Box Rider Original Rider t-shirt, I was tempted, but waiting to ride Beary Tales first.  The art gallery, Harvest of Memories, has all of the classic rides and characters.  I saw Crafty Coyote stealing those boysenberry pies on Beary Tales.  Also, the Calico Mine Train the Parachute Sky Jump, Ghost Town, and best of all, Walter and Cordelia Knott.  Next door, which may be the exit of Beary Tales, is the Factory Store.  This is another MUST go since they pipe in boysenberry smells.  Also, because there is a soap box racer ride vehicle that the sign said was recovered from the desert!  


There is an incredible assortment of stuffies and t-shirts of Beary TalesSoap Box Racers, and other parts of Knott’s.  I would have zero sales resistance if I actually got on the attraction.   So there was one ride that I thought could ride after watching ride videos, Calico River Rapids!  Past the turn of the entrance, there was a line, it was spaced, but that doesn’t seem to apply to teenagers.  The queue is interesting since there are a few peeks into the attraction with scenes of animal animatronics.  There was a cabin with chickens, a henhouse with a fox popping out of one hole, several gophers popping up with a bear cub almost like a conductor.  Tips for the ride, one was it was difficult to see with the mask so I paid close attention to walking up and down steps.  Two, keep your feet on the middle podium, it is cone-shaped so may be difficult, but the floor gets drenched with the waves splashing in the vehicle.  Another one is don’t lean back, my shirt was soaked from the waves.  Otherwise, it is a fun experience and you can actually see the Bigfoot which was a change when it was a Sasquatch-less Bigfoot Rapids.  All in all, some fun, some disappointments.  Still, the crowds made it difficult to wait in lines and to find tables to drink or eat.  I would say unless you really want to go on Knotts Beary Tales, I do, wait a bit for the park to open up more.  


#KnottsBerryFarm, #SeasonPassholderDays, #KnottsBearyTales, #CalicoRiverRapids  

No comments:

Post a Comment