Strolling Through the (Theme) Park One Day: Disneyland - The End of Summer!

It is nearing the end of Summer, Summer officially ends on September 22nd, but school sessions started and Disney parks are winding down.  I entered at Disneyland’s opening and again had problems with the Max Pass and had to work it out at City Hall, but again it was worth the hassle.  Mary Poppins and Bert passed by, but they were going on break, more on this later.  I went first to Fantasyland and rode most of the rides there since they really the only ones I can ride.  Then, I went to get a Dole Whip, which is famous in Disneyland circles.  The Enchanted Tiki Room was down with walls around to prepare for the new Tropical Hideaway restaurant at the location of my former workplace, the Tahitian Terrace (and the Aladdin Oasis).  It would be nice to enjoy it at the queue area for Enchanted Tiki Room, there was only one statue uncovered but the walls, Tangaroa-Ru, Goddess of the East Wind.  I finished the dole whip before heading over to Critter Country.  

My objective was the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, another attraction I could ride, and to take pics with the One Hundred Acres characters since I had my red shirt with yellow letters with Pooh’s name.  I’m halfway to Disney bounding I just need the ears!  So I checked the store at the ride’s exit, no ears, nor anywhere in the parks!  Then, I went to the Royal Hall to meet the princesses.  I asked a cast member if it was the former Carnation Gardens, he was relatively new, and didn’t realize it closed in 2012 (had to look that one up).  Gaston stopped by to try to see Belle. There are hallways once you enter, Snow White greets you, then Cinderella, and finally Ariel.  This was all very nice and you have some time to chat with the princesses, but I still like the princess show (directed by a cast member who worked at my old restaurant) that was at Ariel’s Grotto, now closed for Pixar Pier’s Lamplight Lounge.  I went to Star Wars: Launch Bay to see what was there; nothing new.  Then, I took the train at the Tomorrowland station to pass the Primeval Diorama. 

Yummy Pixar Celebration cake and Nemo cup, photo by the author.

I bought another Fuel Rod since my charge cable was frayed and then had lunch at the Plaza Inn.  I heard about the fried chicken there and ordered it as well as the Pixar Fest Celebration Cake.  It was just coincidence that the server, Joseph, recognized me.  He was my old lead back at my Tahitian Terrace days, decades ago, he’s a lifer.  I really liked the fried chicken and Disneyland food is not my favorite, a little salty, but I didn’t mind it.  Now the Pixar Celebration Cake was delicious!  It has three layers; yellow, blue, and red with the Pixar ball on top.  The red raspberry layer made it tasty!  I’m not a fan of cakes, but I would get this one every time.  I also picked up the Nemo Premium Tumbler, the cup has Nemo with a plastic base so he looks like he is swimming, and small bubbles around the cup!  I went back to the Mark Twain to take pics of Galaxy’s Edge from the top deck.  Then, I walked along the path next to Galaxy’s Edge with the large brown, wooden walls.  These two entrances will open next year; summer 2019.  So, that led me to taking the pic of Bert and Mary Poppins.  I think it will be great to pair up with an article on Mary Poppins Returns when it opens on December 19th.   

Right afterwards was the Pixar Play Parade.   It starts off with the Luxo Jr. lamp with Pixar Fest on it.  Next, was the Monsters Inc. University float with Sully in front with college jacket.  Mike was at the back with pom pom with monster cheerleaders following them.  Frozone, Elastigirl, and Mr. Incredible rode in next on hover discs.  The Incredibles float had Jack Jack in the metal tentacles of the Omnidroid.  By the way, the surprise of this parade is the squirts of water that soaked my arms and also hit me in the face!  Joy and Sadness were next on top of the wagon rocket.  There was a stack of multi-colored Memory Orbs underneath the wagon with Bing Bong at the back of the pile.  Crush the turtle was on the Finding Nemo float, the little turtles swim around, and there was puppeteers walking with the Nemo, Marlin, and Dory.  Next, Heimlich the caterpillar followed with his body segments walking separately.  The A Bug’s Life float had Flik and Princess Atta on swings with Princess Dot at the top.  Two female bugs were standing on swings and swung with acrobatic precision.  Slim the stick bug, very tall, stilt walking?, followed behind the float.       

                                                                
Russell riding Kevin at the Pixar Play Parade, photo by the author.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

The Up float was next with Carl on top with a forced perspective of his house and balloons.  At the back was Dug and behind them was Russell riding Kevin, very cool.  There was the march of the Green Army Men leading the way.  Buzz Lightyear is riding a ray gun (which of course sprays water) on top of a globe.  He leads the Toy Story section with Mr. Potato Head on a toy dump truck.  The Toy Story float has Hamm in front, Jessie and Woody on a teeter totter, Rex on top of the Pixar ball, and Slinky Dog at the back.  Pixar Fest runs until September 3rd, I imagine some food items will continue, but I hope everyone can catch the parades and events before it ends!  I returned to Star Wars: Launch Bay to take pics with Rey, had more time with worrying about my camera battery, I told her not to believe Kylo Ren.  Her parents are important.  I then headed over to see Black Panther, he was on break so I went to Disney Animation.  The outside facade was covered with tarps, I was worried that it was closing to be replaced by Marvel Land, cast members said it was just remodeling the outside.  

Mysterious object at Black Panther meet and greet, what is it?, photo by the author. 

At the Black Panther meet and greet, two members of the Dora Milaje were outside, I would like a photo opp. with them and Black Panther.   I asked a cast member about the displays and he explained that the items were from Shuri’s lab.  I also pointed out the strange, white tree-like object.  He said to ask Black Panther.  I asked Black Panther and he said he didn’t know!  This mystery item looks like coral, a model of vibranium?, but I don’t remember it from the movie.  Still, I will say going to the meet and greet makes me want to see Black Panther again.  Next, I had a final stroll through Bug’s Land, taking pics of everything, and having one final ride on Heimlich’s chew chew train.  The ride had a long line so other guests may have been there before it closes.  I then went on Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, really just to get a ride in, I actually was reviewing and deleting my pics for most of the ride because my phone’s memory was running low.  I headed over to Pixar Promenade to get some more moon and stars from La luna Star Catcher. Afterwards, I went to Adorable Frosted Treats, and again ordered the Snow-Capped Lemon.  It was again delicious, but the amount of sugar over the day overwhelmed me, and I had to wash it down with a bottle of water.  Finally, I waited to see the Paint the Night parade.  An exhausting, but fun day!   

#PixarFest, #PixarCelebrationCake, #FindingNemoPremiumTumbler, #PixarPlayParade  

Comments