Going to a Movie Theater During the Shutdown!

Of course, there is great worry over a gathering place like a movie theater, this is a reason why the New Mutants review was delayed for nearly two months!  I was on constant guard at the theater so didn't cover anything with pics.  It had been too long since New Mutants opened and I found it was at a local theater, Regal Theater, which has closed many theaters across the country.  536 theaters around the country!  We of course need theaters in business, but for everyone too worried, yes, stay at home.  This is for healthy people who are maybe ready to see a movie in the theaters.   



So at the theater, I saw that there was no ticket booth open, and I purchased the ticket at concessions.  I entered and there was a greeter, it says on CinemaSafe at the Regal Theaters website, "Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes."  I had a slight wait for a customer buying all sorts of food, hot dog, popcorn, and drink.  I then noticed that the cashier wiped the counter down for about twenty seconds.  Not a quick swipe, but making certain that every part of the counter was thoroughly wiped down.  I also saw another employee wipe down another part of the counter.  I know from Disneyland that it is not that people are cleaning, you have to see them clean to have the impression that the place is clean.  All employees wore masks and wore them properly.  


I got my ticket and then gave in and bought a popcorn and water bottle.  Then, it was heading to the theater.  I usually set my popcorn on the seat next to me, nope!, this auditorium had the old style folding chair seats and it fell right through the gap and spilled all over!  Sorry Regal employees, the mess was me, but it was an accident!  I noticed though that usually the floor is sticky and there is trash everywhere.  Nah!  Every arm rest looked like they were cleaned to a polished shine.  The cleanliness was much as could be expected barring customers who spill their popcorn!  



The other part I worried about was the air conditioning, if it re-circulated air, then I would be breathing air from every theater!  No, it did not seem to be the case, Cinema Safe, "We are Increasing our fresh air intake by 50%-100% above normal levels (which will help circulate more fresh air throughout auditoriums)."  I felt that the air was not recycled and still a good temperature.  I was wondering how many people will be watching the movie.  I kept checking before the movie started and afterwards.  I had the auditorium to myself!  Apparently, audiences are too scared to go to the movies.  I saw maybe six people when I was leaving, around 4 p.m., so the theater was almost empty!  You can check www.cinemasafe.org if you have questions about moviegoing.  The point is I felt safe and hope that anyone who really wants to see a movie should do so, stay safe, and always ask questions if you are worried. 


Comments