Thursday, November 5, 2020

A Short Trip to Downtown Disney!

Since Buena Vista Street was going to be open on November 19th, two weeks from now, I decided to make a quick trip to Downtown Disney.  The objective was to get The Mandalorian figures, since there is not enough pics for reviews, there is going to be pics of action figures!  First, I took a ride-hailing trip to Downtown Disney, there is a walk now towards Disneyland Hotel.  It turns left to the temperature taking tents.  The former security check is just for cast members.  My first stop was the Star Wars Trading Post, I saw the new Galaxy’s Edge t-shirts, but not much new.  


                     Movie posters on a studio building, DCA, photo by the author. 


Then, I went over to World of Disney, no lines, just walk right in.  There was holiday merch and I was most impressed by the full-sized Disney books that were also notebooks, $30.  The Sleeping Beauty book had faux jewels and the Beauty and the Beast book looks like a stained glass window.  I went to the Star Wars section.  The Baby Yoda merch is out of control!  It is on too many items so not interested in getting all of the Baby Yoda items.  There is the Baby Yoda with sounds, not motion like the animatronic figure, it is around $30.  I also saw the Darksaber that was used by Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian, $30.  I think all of the items were priced at $30, I don’t remember other prices.  


                Baby Groot stuffies and animatronics at Stage 17, photo by the author. 


Next, I checked out Disney’s California Adventure, there was no red car trollery.  Then, I went over to Stage 17, no line.  I was told by a cast member that it was busier in the morning, but the heat chased away people.  I saw The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special poster on Stage 17 and also The Mandalorian, Free Guy, and Soul on the other building.   I saw more holiday merch; sweaters, a peppermint candy necklace that glows, and Mickey and Minnie in holiday wear stuffies.  Next was a Baby Groot animatronic, it is $60 and there is a Bluetooth speaker that plays music, $30.  I imagine he is to compete with Baby Yoda, but he is not in the same galaxy as The Child.  A good shopping for the holidays trip.  Buena Vista Street could be even more fun.  


#DowntownDisney, #StarWarsTradingPost, #DisneyCaliforniaAdventure, #Stage17, #BuenaVistaStreet 

No comments:

Post a Comment