Strolling through the (Theme) Park One Day: Buena Vista Street!

Today was the opening of the Disneyland Resort parks in the form of Buena Vista Street after eight months!  I heard rumors of people sleeping overnight, the truth was the earliest I heard was 5 a.m., I was getting supplies and got to the Harbor Boulevard entrance at 8 a.m. There was a line that wrapped around from the temperature check area and down the fence behind Disney’s California Adventure.  A cast member announced that Mickey wouldn’t be there today and about the procedures.  So let’s discuss this, wearing masks properly, covering the nose.  I saw two cast members at the start and end of my trip remind guests to put on their masks correctly.  The other part was socially distancing, 6 feet or more, almost every part of the extended line had markings.  I felt very comfortable in this environment, it was not crowded to the point of feeling you can’t get distance, more on this later.  I had the chance to talk to MigVee and Jannell, youtubers at Magic Journeys, they are completely nice and fun vloggers that cover the foods and treats at the parks!  I went down the line to see how it ran and then it suddenly started moving so I hustled back to get to my place.

                   Buena Vista Street, Disney's California Adventure, photo by the author. 


There was a K-9 unit that went through the line and also at the check point.  I had my temperature taken, standard Downtown Disney procedure, and had my bags checked.   I found out from that point that you needed your phone to scan a QR code.  My phone was not cooperating.  A cast member manually entered my info to get a reservation and waited until I got the text notice.  Then, I had some time to wander Downtown Disney.  I went to World of Disney, looked at some of the Christmas decorations, and also the Star Wars Trading Post.  I saw the Star Wars pop-up store, reservations were gone into next year, the former ESPNZone just had Mickey decorations.  I returned to the queue waiting for my second text notification.  It was about an hour about 11:20 a.m.  Then, it was another queue with social distancing markers to slowly move towards the Disney’s California Adventure gate.  This was at the side of the DCA entrance towards La Brea Bakery Cafe.  I finally entered welcomed by cast members.  There was a hand washing station, I was excited to see the closed Oswald’s Tires station, then there was the rest of Buena Vista Street. 


       Red Trolley car at Hollywood Land, Disney's California Adventure, photo by the author. 


This is DCA’s version of Main Street.  There were two lines, one of the stores with Elias & Company and the right side was Trolley Treats.  Elias & Company had a line, but the actual entrance was at Five & Dime towards the front of the park.  The same with Trolley Treats which had a queue that goes to Mortimer's Market.  Both shopping destinations covered three stores.  Past that sweet shop was Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe.  They offer breakfast sandwiches and I was a little more hungry than a sandwich.  I then went to Hollywood Land, it was just great to walk the street again, there was the red trolley car next to the backdrop.  The trolley was roped off and was there for photos.  It was next to the Hollywood Studios sign and the Animation Academy building.  Award Weiners was open in that section.  In the center of the promenade is Carthay Circle Lounge.  It features alfresco dining and I heard reservations were gone by 10:30 a.m.   All of the dining options were outdoors with a number of tables and spacing.  There were some carts at the waterfall area.  You could walk over to see the construction walls for Avengers Academy.  There were some carts at the waterfall area.  


                        Avengers Campus, Disney's California Adventure, photo by the author. 

You could walk over to see the construction walls for Avengers Academy.  There was a Stark red brick building, several cranes that seem to be part of the Spider-Man attraction, and other buildings that look like they are ready to open.  The rope at Golden Vine Winery allowed me to see the Cars Land sign and Pacific Wharf.  At the promenade fountain, I saw NathanFilms and Lizzie, his page is at NathanFilms on youtube.  So I headed back to Grizzly Peak with Smokejumpers Grill.  This was the restaurant that I frequented the most at the park, but I settled on getting food there.  This was another QR code, but I was able (with help from cast members) to order through the Disneyland AP.  Mobile ordering is required for most of the restaurants.  There, I also saw youtubers, Steve & Kai.  They have their youtube page under Steve & Kai, check it out!   A common sight was youtubers recording, talking to their phones, and filming with cameras.  When I was leaving, I heard that reservations to enter Buena Vista Street were closed at 2:30 p.m.  Last part, the cast members were incredibly helpful and friendly.  Incredible THANKS to every cast member who helped make the day perfect!  I finished the day donating some toys at the donation bin at World of Disney, please donate what you can at the donation bins or at https://www.toysfortots.org/, kids need a little joy more than ever at these times.  It was great just to walk in Disney’s California Adventure and I would like to return soon.  


#BuenaVistaStreet, #DisneysCaliforniaAdventure, #MagicJourneys, #NathanFilms, #Steve&Kai

Comments