Thursday, March 11, 2021

Strolling through the (Theme) Park One Day: Raya and the Last Dragon Mural!

I went to check out Star Wars Trading Post at Downtown Disney, Raya merch, and one final walk through of Buena Vista Street for free.  It was about 11 a.m. about an hour after opening.  This meant that I had to get into a virtual queue for the store.  My phone doesn’t recognize QR codes, but the cast member was able to enter my info.  Then, there was the wait.  Next door to it, the Black Panther mural is replaced by a Raya and the Last Dragon mural by Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen.  Prints of it are at the WonderGround Gallery.  I went over to World of Disney, a few people, note that this builds until noon time when it goes to the overflow line.  Still, there was no QR code.  I checked the pins, there was a limited edition wall of pins, no Raya pin!  There was a Raya section; t-shirts, a Sisu toy that has sounds, and a Tuk Tuk that rolls up!  I also some some great Haunted Mansion merch; shirts, puzzles, and a Madam Leota crystal ball with lights and sounds!    

                                                    Raya and the Last Dragon mural, Downtown Disney, photo by the author. 


So then I went to Buena Vista Street, again, just walk in.  There was a queue for Elias & Co. and Trolley Treats.  I just wanted to stroll around and check out the areas.  The WandaVision photo op was still going.  I went to Stage 17, picked up a Chinese New Year pin, the cast member at World of Disney said it was only for annual pass holders, but there was enough to go around for everyone at this time.  By the time I reached Grizzly Peak, the alert for Star Wars Trading Post buzzed on my phone.  I rushed back and got in the queue.  My objective was kyber crystals, so here is the warning, you take a ticket from the front of the store.  Then, the wait was 20 minutes or so, I was finished looking around and was ready to leave.  Here’s the other thing, I checked out the kyber crystals, and a cast member said that the top level of new crystals were all Darth Vader red crystals.  The crystals on the bottom shelf were red or black Kyber crystals!  Always ask a cast member about the crystals!  I didn’t see any new merchandise besides what I saw before.  Last note: I forgot to bring my hand sanitizer mini-bottle!  Still, there was enough hand sanitizer at every store that I could sanitize my hands after touching all of the merch!   


#BuenaVistaStreet, #StarWarsTradingPost, #DowntownDisney, #RayaandtheLastDragon, #KyberCrystals  


No comments:

Post a Comment