Tuesday, August 6, 2024

D23 Night at the Anaheim Packing District!

This night was filled with Disney fans and some Ravensburger game play! The D23 Expo, still calling it expo, begins on Friday, August 9th! This was a free event with D23 members able to get a World Taste Pass with themed food items, I like the Packing District restaurants, but didn’t eat anything, too busy! At Farmers Park, there was Lorcana games with the new Gateway introductory game, pre-set decks. There were a number of tables and the friendly Ravensburger people were helpful with working out strategy and I still get tripped up by the uninkable cards. I think it should have a cross through them, a stronger design element. 

Lorcana Gateway games at the Anaheim Packing District, photo by the author.  


Another game, Chronicles of Light: Darkness Falls is Disney themed, but I didn’t get much information about it and the game tables were full. Across the street to the Packing House is the MAKE restaurant which had Jav’s Barbeque, the Unsung Brewing Company, and Pali Wine Co. Outside were tables for the Villains Lair which featured the Villainous game from Ravensburger. I played Star Wars Villaious: Power of the Dark Side taking the part of Moff Gideon. I had to hunt and experiment on Grogu! The other two players were Darth Vader and Asaaj Ventress. You move your piece to a location to gain credits and also Ambition which activates Force powers. I had The Mandalorian and used a Dark Trooper that took out both cards! 


Villains Lair at MAKE restaurant, author’s photo. 

It was complicated two forms of tokens, locations where you could or couldn’t use a card. The game play and objectives need to be simplified. We just stopped play. Also at the MAKE Building was trivia and I signed up fo Star Wars & Marvel Trivia. My group liked that I knew the name of the Ewok village and also the name of the person who saw Tony Stark in the cave. I did not know Nakia’s tribe or what was the droid name for Captain Rex from Star Tours. It was a three way tie and I had to break it, but too slow to raise my hand for Spider-man’s creators. Ended up in third place and got a Lorcana starter set like most of my group! A fun D23 night at the Anaheim Packing District with many game activities! 


#D23Night, #AnaheimPackingDistrict, #Ravensburger.  #ChroniclesOfLight, #DarknessFalls #MAKE, #JavsBarbeque, #UnsungBrewingCompany, #PaliWineCo, #VillainsLair, #Villainous, #StarWarsVillainous, #PowerOfTheDark Side, #StarWarsAndMarvelTrivia


No comments:

Post a Comment