Saturday, August 3, 2024

Toothsome’s Chocolate Emporium at CityWalk!

My favorite restaurant! There are some themed restaurants, I guess going back to Chuck E. Cheese, and like Hard Rock, the previous occupant at CityWalk. Still, mostly theme, kinda tasteless food.  Toothsome’s Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen is the exception. It is basically a steampunk themed restaurant with touches of chocolate! It opened in 2016 at Orlando’s CityWalk and I watched many videoes just wishing I could make a trip down there. I think like all sensations the youtubers made a video, lost interest in it, then it was a fad. Then, it opened in 2023 at Universal Studios Hollywood’s CityWalk. More info at: https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/citywalk/toothsome-chocolate-emporium-and-savory-feast-kitchen. 

Toothsome’s Chocolate Emporium at CityWalk, author’s photo.

I love stories and this one is clever with Professor Doctor Penelope Tibeux-Tinker Toothsome and her robot pal, Jacques. They search the world in their dirigible for her parents after they went missing in London. They would find her with where there is chocolate. A Willy Wonka-like story with a dash of Jules Verne! I love the story and hope it becomes a novel, comic book, or even film! I keep thinking of the Key & Peele sketch with Levi who is “steampunk now.” I didn’t see Penelope and Jacques at the time, they usually visit on Fridays and Saturdays, but I had such a good time, it was like a theme park. The outside had a large smokestack and factory silos on the side. What looks like gas light lamps line the entrance, love it! Every corner had 19th century Victorian era inventions, maps, and books. I checked in at the desk and went upstairs to get my table. 


The gears of the emporium churning out the chocolate, photo by the author. 

This was the best since the first floor was crowded with happy families and diners. The upper floor offered a good look at the ceiling with dirigibles crossing the night sky!  It also had panels to show the working gears of the emporium. At the chocolate shop, there was a chocolate sculpture of a octopus-like helmet over a stack of books! Plus, the top hat with goggles over a box of gears, I don’t think the hat had a door for Ratatouille. I picked up a few chocolate bars; the Cherry On Top! Bar had a cherry taste with jelly beans, and the Mechanical Malt Bar had the malted milk shake in chocolate bar form! They also had t-shirts, goggles, and top hats, but I thought I would return. Live your steampunk life! Service was excellent, answered all of my questions, and the food was excellent! I’m thinking of going back even now though it is really a treat as a restaurant. 


Pub It Up Burger, French fried potatoes, and That’s Mint milkshake, author’s photo. 

They are known for their milkshakes, my friend had only ordered them, but I told him about the food and candy! I decided on the Pub It Up burger, $20.95, it had a Beyond patty which is tricky. Slightly cooked, it has a funny taste, but this was well cooked that it was juicy which is something I hadn’t had before, amazing! It came with caramelized onions, mushrooms (those two together are my favorite!), vegan American cheese and vegan “secret sauce”, along with French fried potatoes, yum! There chocolate dipped food items, but I did get the That’s Mint Milkshake, $18! Worth every penny. It had minty ice cream and whipped topping with a mint chocolate whoopie pie stuck on top. I could barely get the milkshake through the straw, delicious! The mason jar, plastic, is covered in chocolate and take home! Just taking bite after until I hit my limit and saved the burger and milkshake! There is no lid for the milkshake so I reversed a kid’s cup on top of it and wrapped it up with napkins. Can’t wait to go back!


#ToothsomesChocolateEmporium, #CityWalk, #ProfessorDoctorPenelopeTibeuxTinkerToothsome, #Jacques, #CherryOnTopBar, #MechanicalMaltBar, #PubItUpBurger, #ThatsMintyMilkshake 

No comments:

Post a Comment