Strollling Through The (Theme) Park One Day - Disneyland, Day Three!

This was my last day of the Disneyland Resort So Cal Three Day Pass. The first thing was to get something to eat, I was starving, a little woozy. So I tried for the first time, Carnation Cafe, made a reservation. It is popular. What caught my eye was the Walt’s Chili-Cheese Omelet. I had Walt’s Chili at the Walt Disney Studio. It is the best chili! Hearty and very tasty! It was $18 as are most of the dishes so expect a little pricey. I headed to Galaxy Edge, but also stopped to take pics of the Halloween Tree. This is the tree outside of the Silver Spur Supplies building in Frontierland. It was dedicated in 2007 to Ray Bradbury and his 1972 novel. It was made into an animated movie in 1993. Don’t miss it!  

Tales of the Lion King, Fantasyland Theater, photo by the author. 


I had a reservation for Rise of the Resistance. Always fun. I had the fleet transport that was second so it was interesting to see the perspective behind the droid driver and across the other vehicle. I also noticed that Nien Nunb didn’t have the moustache from ep. 7 of Ahsoka. I suspect that was Nien Nunb, but it may have been another Sullustan. I got a pic of the Finn animatronic, but may have missed him since he was below the AT-ATs. Afterwards, I went to see the Tales of the Lion King at the Fantasyland Theater. This is a very popular show and crowds gathered to watch the performance. I would recommend showing up early to find a good seat. This is a great theatrical performance for a theme park.  Of course, it is a retelling of the Lion King, similar to the musical production, but also fantastic with dances, costumes, and singing. It is 24 minutes long. Recommended!


                                                                            Finn below the AT-AT Walkers at Rise of the Resistance, author’s photo. 


I did run into Boba Fett, whom I think I’ve seen before, there was also The Mandalorian. He was surrounded by a crowd so I passed up seeing him twice. Chewbacca was also around Galaxy’s Edge. I didn’t see any new characters, but my friend saw Hera at 6:30 p.m. Next, I went to the Monorail station. Really great looks at the old People Mover track and beauty shots of the Submarine Voyage waterfall and the sub emerging from it! Take not of the Historic Mechanical Enginering Landmark plaque for the Monorail at the station. It was dedicated on June 14, 2004 by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Disney went to Alweg, a German company, and it was a single back and forth system. Disney wanted to bend the track and was told this was impossible, but Bob Gurr solved the problem, a visionary genius! 


     Plaque for the Monorail, author’s photo.

Then, it was back to Tiana’s Palace for lunch, this time I tried the Muffuletta Sandwich. This is described as “Mortadella, Salami, Rosemary Ham, Cheddar, Provolone and House-made Olive Relish on Toasted New Orleans Sesame Seed Bread, served with Red Beans & Rice”, $14.99. It has such flavors, spicy!, delicious especially for theme park food. Highly recommended! Plus, I remembered to get the cornbread. Next time, the House Gumbo. I had a relaxing ride on the Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes. The attraction is now located in Critter Country. 


It is fun to paddle around the Rivers of America. The canoes are 35’ long and carry 20 passengers so it is a group effort. Note that you will get splashed with a few drops of river water, but this is par for the course. The guide doesn’t sing the Fess Parker’s “Ballad of Davey Crockett” so you will have to sing it yourself! I finished off the day with a drive on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, it is a hoot to drive into Mr. Toad’s Inferno! Towards the end of the day, it became packed, elbow to elbow filled with guests so you could hardly walk down a street! Disneyland can have fun experiences with new food, new and classic attractions! 


#Disneyland, #CarnationCafe, #WaltsChiliCheeseOmelet, #HalloweenTree, #RayBradbury, #RiseOfTheResistance, #GalaxysEdge, #TaleOfTheLionKing, #FantasylandTheater, #Monorail, #BobGurr, #TianasPalace, #MuffulettaSandwhich, #DaveyCrockettExplorerCanoes, #MrToadsWildRide

Comments