Monday, September 9, 2024

Din Tai Fung at Downtown Disney and a Lorcana Quest!

Din Tai Fung has recently opened at Downtown Disney and it is a delicious dive into Taiwanese cuisine! I highly recommend dining at this restaurant and really any of its four other Southern California locations. I have previously dined at the Los Angeles restaurant and remembered the sweet and yummy bao. At Downtown Disney, it is found across from the former ESPNZone, next to the Disneyland Hotel security check, and convienently next to Pin Traders. I made the reservation online and it led to Yelp. I’ve seen the distinct slopped roof behind construction walls for some time that it was nice to see it open for business. There is a line to check in your reservation and then you enter the lobby. 

Din Tai Fung, Downtown Disney, photo by the author.

The bar, where I found a seat instead of waiting for a table, is centrally located with a round shape, other tables encircle it, with comfortable spacing. I also noted that it was well lit, the Los Angeles restaurant had a moody darkness, and there is a great semi-circular view of the kitchen with chefs crafting their creations. I was thirsty from the heat and recommended the Orange Green Iced Tea to quench my thirst, perfect! I ordered the Shredded Kurobuta Pork Fried Rice. A nice heaping trapezoid of rice, scrambled egg, and delicious fried pork. Plus, I had to get the Chicken & Mushroom Buns. The bun (two of them!) has nice chewy texture and then mixture of chicken, carrots, celery, and mushrooms is delicious!  


Chicken & Mushroom Buns, yummy!, author’s photo.

The neighboring diner offered the Chocolate & Mochi Xiao Long Bao. They are tiny, chocolate truffle (there are five, I had one) that explodes with chocolatey goodness! I would order this one! You know the food you have that you can remember days later? I still remember the taste now and hope to go back soon to Din Tai Fun! A great follow up for me was going to Pin Traders. It has been some time since Shimmering Skies released on August 9th. I saw the starter decks, but no booster packs. There was a Lorcana folder of Moana, Mickey, and Cruella. I bought the card sleeves of Tiana - Celebrating Princess, $9.99, and the other was Aladdin - Heroic Outlaw. For the first time, I saw some play mats, and picked up the Belle - Accomplished Mystic, $19.99, the other was of Encanto - Look at this Family.  The Lorcana Quest continued to Barnes & Noble in Fullerton, another first at any retailer (including other Barnes & Noble stores), I picked up the Illumineer’s Trove for Shimmering Skies, $49.99, with storage box, eight booster packs, lore counter (a spinning wheel), and damage-counter dice. A full day of food and some Lorcana


#DinTaiFung, #DowntownDisney, #OrangeGreenIcedTea, #ShreddedKurobutaPorkFriedRice, #ChickenAndMushroomBuns, #PinTraders, #Lorcana, #ShimmeringSkies, #CardSleeve, #TianaCelebratingPrincess, #AladdinHeroicOutlaw, #Playmat, #BelleAccomplishedMystic, #EncantoLookAtThisFamily, #BarnesAndNoble, #IllumineersTrove. 


No comments:

Post a Comment